Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Monday's Finds

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!  I have been so busy this week with school activities for the kids (there have been lots with this being the end of the school year), girl scouts, appointments...and of course in between I hit every thrift store, goodwill, antique store and consignment store I can find!  I absolutely love it!  I have found some awesome stuff.  I have some pictures of my finds from a few days ago which I will post today.  I still need to take pictures of the last couple of days finds (and even unpack some, one box is even still in my truck! lol).  At this point my finds have completey taken over the living room and the dining room.  Once I unpack the rest they will be expanding into my office.  I'm going to have to spend the next few days doing nothing but listing so I can hopefully clear out some space.  I think my family would appreciate having the house back.
Here are some close ups of some of the things I found on I think Monday.  I'm sorry some of the pictures are a bit blurry.  I use my cellphone just because it is so much easier and quicker to get the pictures uploaded.  I use the photobucket app so all the pictures automatically upload to my computer and into an album.  I love it!  Unfortunately the camera on my phone is crap...I've had it replaced once because it stopped working altogether and the new one hasn't worked right ever since and rarely focuses properly. Enough about my cell camera! Let's see some finds!!!

I love vintage cookware.  I'm not sure how well it will sell though.  The cookware with the veggies were the cookware I remember from when I was probably 4 or 5 years old.  I might end up using them as display pieces if I see that there is not a market for them. (Should have researched first, I usually always do, oh well)



Of course I bought dishes....


I just thought this was an interesting and beautiful plate.  The back of the plate tells a whole story about the woman in the painting.  This was the 2nd plate of a series of 12 limited edition plates, Women of the Century, made by French artist Francois Ganeau, celebrating a century of women's fashion from 1865-1965.



















This is one picture that I am so disappointed in. It just doesn't do justice to the colors in these plates.  This is a beautiful set.  The pictures I took for my listing turned out much better.  I'll link to those as soon as I have them up (if I list these, shhhh, I'm thinking of keeping them).

Love this one, thought it was so cute because it's so small...
I collect liquor bottles, maybe I should add this whiskey jug to my collection :-D  I don't think it would blend in very well.
Really wish I had gotten a better picture of all the Gail Pittman pieces I found.














A collection of milk glass for your enjoyment:

And for the grand finale:

Did I mention I only paid $2.00 for the type writer?  I love a bargain!!


I hope you have enjoyed...I will post more as soon as I possibly can.  It's crazy busy this time of year.  The kids will be out of school as of next week and I'm thinking I might actually have more time to devote to this.  Maybe.

Goodnight to all my antique, vintage or just anything unusual or unique lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment