Thursday, May 24, 2012

Haviland 105pc Set Sold

I wanted to let you all know that my Haviland collection did sell :(  I know I should be so excited...I know my husband is pretty happy about it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to make a little money, we have bills to pay after all and kids to fed and keep in baseball and gymnastics and feed some more...and some more...and did I mention the amount of food they eat? Yeah, definitely need the money.  I really had grown attached to the set but truth be known I don't have the room for a set that large!

After I had listed the set I made a trip to Barnes & Noble and bought some great books on antiques.  I found this set and the actual value...I was blown away!  I just can't imagine paying that much for a set of china.  Can you see it? $2700!  It's not the exact pattern but all of the patterns were priced in that range.  And the settings they were showing were actually smaller than mine and had fewer extra pieces.  I'm thinking maybe I should have taken mine to an actual auction or found a different venue to sell mine!  Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment