Sunday, September 9, 2012

Clearing out closets and new furniture


I've been busy trying to thin out my purse collection as I like to call it, again.  These are just a few, lots more where these came from and lots more styles and brands too.






Despite listing items that are a bit out of the ordinary for AEF I have still been on the hunt.  Shortly before we moved I had started redoing the master bedroom.  Of course when I found out we were moving I put that on hold.  By that time though I had already gotten a new bed (that looks antique), a victorian dresser, one with a marble top, swivel mirror and fruit pulls and new bedding.  I still needed nightstands.  Anybody that knows me knows that a brand new matching pair of nightstands from a department store or furniture store is just not going to do for me.  Now that we are moved and finally settled in it's time to start back on the bedroom...and on the hunt for nightstands.  A few weeks ago I thought I had found the perfect nightstand (singular).  I found it at Goodwill for $5.  It was from the early 70's, solid wood and in excellent condition.  The only thing I didn't like was the finish.  Not a problem!  (I really wish I had taken a before picture)  I sanded it down and put a couple coats of black paint on it, distressed it a bit, put a coat of antiquing paint on it and it was perfect! Of course I still had to find another one for Jon's side of the bed but that wouldn't be a problem...I knew I'd eventually run across something I liked.  Here is the finished product:

 



   And then I did run across something else that I liked...even more than I like this piece.  And to make it even better!  There are two of them, yep, two pieces.  I know, I usually don't go for matching pieces but these two are gorgeous.  I'm pretty sure at one point in time they were actually one piece...I think it was actually a dresser that someone took apart and now it is two pieces that I can use as nightstands.  You are now going to have a before picture because I haven't had time do anything at all to these and I'm not sure when I will.  I haven't even decided what I'm going to do to them.

And now this lovely piece is going to have to find a new home.  That's in my home of course.  I'm still pretty fond of it so it's staying here.  I'm thinking it will be a good piece in my office or it might still work it my bedroom.  I do have an idea where it could go.  We'll just have to see.



I bet you want to see pictures of the latest find....


I am absolutely in love with these!!! And they are going to look so good beside my bed and with my dresser.  I still can't believe I found these.

And speaking of great finds....the real reason I got on here tonight was to tell you about the awesome estate sale I went to today!  I made the two hour drive into North Carolina because I had heard this was going to be an incredible sale and oh boy was it!  Unfortunately I showed up a bit late in the game so a lot of things had been picked over and picked through, but I still walked away with some awesome finds.  I can't wait to get some pictures tomorrow and share everything with you.

For now...good night and happy finding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment